• Purpose 目 的

    That they are being served by friendly, smiling and efficient staff following the service sequence and Chinese banquet lunch or dinner service procedures. 服务人员遵循友好、及时、微笑的服务程序来服务中式宴会或晚宴

    Why is this task important for you and our guests?

    为什么这项任务对你和客人都十分重要?

    Answers: 回答:

    1. To maximize guest’s satisfaction

    最大限度提升客人满意度

    2. To ensure that the service is friendly

    确保友好的服务

    3. To ensure that the Chinese service sequence is followed

    确保遵循中式服务程序

    4. To ensure the service is efficient and soiled dishes are cleared on time

    确保有效的服务,并且污染的食品已被清除

    • Procedure 程 序
    WHAT/ STEPS 什么/步骤 HOW/ STANDARDS 怎样/标准 TRAINING QUESTIONS 培训问题
    1.Check with the host/organizer of the party or dining guest whether they want their food to be portioned/fish to be de-boned. 向主家/宴会安排者 / 客人查询他 们是否想我们为他们分菜/去鱼骨。 *Check the table: complete equipment sets, clean linen, centerpieces, clean lazy susan , etc. 检查餐台:器具摆放完整,布草,鲜花, 已清洁的转盘等 *Prepare all condiments, e.g. soy sauce, chilli sauce, etc. 调味品齐备:例如酱油、辣酱等 Service procedure if food portioning and fish de-boning are required: 当需要为客人提供分菜及去鱼骨服务时: *It should be carried out either at the guest’s dining table or on the serving cart next it. 应在客人餐桌上或分菜小桌上进行。 *Mise-en-place should be ready for portioning before the food arrives at the guest’s table/room – serve table/room – serving cart, necessary, sufficient and appropriate equipment ie bowls, spoons, plates, serving gear (serving spoons, forks and knives, ladles). 在提供服务前要已把所需餐具如: 碗,更, 骨碟,用具如: 公筷,分更,公壳等准备好, 并确保有足够餐具应用。 *Ensure that the quantity of food to be dished out is based on the number of persons at the table or party, and also ensure that every guest receives the same amount of food. 当分菜时要确保所分数量与席上客人相 等,所分份量均等。 *Make space for placing the dish before it arrives. 在菜到前要预留空间放该道菜。 *The server must face the guests when portioning, never turn the back to the guests. 当分菜时要面向客人,不可以背向客方; *Minimum standard should be observed when de-boning fish. The whole process should not exceed 3 minutes. 如分鱼时,必须根据最低要求标准,全部 过程不得超过3分钟。 *The food (for portioning) must not be placed next to the soiled dishes at all times. 新到食物不可与收回的餐具同放一工作台 上。*The server must show the dish to the host and his/her guests before portioning. 服务员一定要把准备分的菜式先展示给在 座主人家及客人。*Fish head and tail must be served to the guest of honor on a separate plate. Leave it on the lazy susan/table if he/she does not want it. DO NOT REMOVE IT, unless the host tells you to do so. Otherwise wait until everybody at the table has finished that course, and if the fish head still remains on the table, check with the host before removing. 分菜前,必须要把该菜展视给主家及客人, 如分鱼,鱼头连鱼尾另放一碟,送到主家 右旁客人,如客人不要,应把它放在餐桌 上,直至所有客人用完该菜,并经查询主 家,方可把鱼头撤走。 *Check with the host before removing food, if there is any remaining. 把份何食物撤走前,必须得主家同意。 1. Why should you check the tables? 为什么要检查餐台? 2. Why should all the condiments be prepared? 为什么所有的调味品么就绪?
    2.Welcome the Guests 欢迎客人 *Staff to be ready and on standby at their assigned table. 服务人员在预定的桌前准备好。 *Greet the guest by saying “Good afternoon/evening, Mr/Mrs/Ms XXX (or Sir/Madam), welcome to our Chinese restaurant”. 问候客人并说:“您好/中午好/晚上好,XXX 女士/先生, 欢迎您光临中餐厅” 。 *To seat the guest, hold the shoulder of the chair, pull the chair out and when the guest is seated, push the chair in slowly. 慢慢拉椅背部,然后向前推移使客人入座。 *Unfold the napkin and placed on the guest’s lap. Do not place it under the show or bone plate. 为客人铺开餐巾及铺在客人膝盖上。 *Before meal: Warmed towels are served during winter and chilled ones during summer. 上菜前:冬天上热面巾,夏天上冷面巾。 *After meal: Always hot towels. 热面巾 1. Why should the staff be ready at the assigned table? 为什么服务人员要在预定的餐桌 前就绪? 2. Why should the staff greet the guest? 为什么要问候客人? (DRILL LANGUAGE) 礼貌用语练习 3. Why should you pull out the chair? 为什么要为客人拉开椅子?Why should you unfold the napkin? 为什么要为客人铺开餐巾?
    3.Food Service 食品服务 *The food runner will bring the dish on a tray to the designated table. 传菜员将使用托盘将菜传至指定桌位。 *The service staff takes the dish, puts it on the lazy susan and mentions the name of the dish to the guests. 服务员取菜放置转盘/餐桌上时,要报菜名 及介绍有关菜式的背景/历史等,但必须注 意客人反应,确保客人不被受打扰/影响/ 防碍客人进食或交谈。 *At the same time empty dish plates can be removed (guests must be informed). Say “Excuse me Sir/Madam, may I remove this now?” 同时撤掉空盘(客人需被通知)。说“ 对不起,先生/女士,我可以为您撤掉空盘吗?” 1. Why do we use food runners? 为什么要用传菜员? 2. Why does the service staff mention the dish to the guest? 为什么要报菜名? 3. Why do you take empty food plates off the table at the same time? 为什么要同时清理空盘? 4. Why should you transfer food to smaller dishes? 为什么要更换小盘?
    *If guests are in the middle of a conversation, use your hand to gesture at the empty dish instead of interrupting. 如客人正在交谈,而餐盘上已空置,应用手 势代替,以免骚扰客人。 *If there are still food left in the dish, ask for the guest’s approval before removing. If he/she is having a conversation, leave it be and placed the newly portioned food at the side of his/her bone plate. 如餐盘上尚馀食品,应先得客人同意,方 可撤走,如客人在交谈中,可把刚分好的 菜放於客人餐位旁。 *To clear space on the lazy susan for more dishes that will be coming, food from half empty dishes may be transferred to smaller plates and returned to the table. Ensure that the server does not overdo it, changing only when required; otherwise it becomes a disturbance to the guests. 整理转盘的空间以便放置其他的菜品。半 盘菜可以在更换小盘后重新摆放,确保服 务动作不要夸张或变成打扰客人的服务。 *when serving a whole fish, offer to de-bone it for the guests. If the food is served in big portion eg soup or fried rice, first present it to the guests and then ask whether they want it to be portioned. 如果服务整条鱼,需为客人提供剔鱼骨服 务。如果食品是大份量,如汤,炒饭等, 先向客人展示并询问客人是否想分成每位 的份量。 *Service cart should be used when portioning. Server must face the guests when portioning the dish. Do not turn his/her back to the guests or hide in a corner when portioning.
    4.Maintain & Clear Tables 服务/清理台面 *During the meal, bone plates must be replaced continuously with clean ones. 在用餐的过程当中,骨碟应时时更换。 *The server must be very careful when changing bone plates. Ensure that the soiled plates to be removed do not have remaining food in it. If the server is uncertain, he/she should just leave a clean plate on the side for the guest. 当服务员更换骨碟时需小心服务,确保脏盘 撤走时无遗留食品。如果不能确定时,另服 务 1 个干净骨碟放在客人旁边。 1. Why should the bone plates be replaced continuously? 为什么要连续更换骨碟?
    Serve Warmed Towels 热毛巾 *When most of the guests at the table have finished, fresh warmed towels are to be served placing them on the left-hand side of the guests on towel dishes. 当大多数客人用餐完毕后,应该从客人的 左手方服务热手巾。 *The hand towel dish should be set on the left-hand side of the setting. The guest should be informed when a fresh towel is being served to him/her. 手巾碟需放置在客人手边,当服务新手巾 时需告诉客人。 1. Why should you serve a second towel? 为什么要服务第二道毛巾?
    Bidding Farewell 欢送 *Once the guests get up, assist by pulling the chairs back, and then bid them farewell. 当客人起立时,帮助客人向后略微拉开椅 子。 *Remind the guests to take their belongings. If there is any leftover food, ask the guests politely whether they would like to it to be packed. 提醒客人的随身物品,如果有剩余食品, 礼貌的询问客人是否需要打包食品。 *If this is a party being held in the Private Dining Room, the Manager and/or Chef should be informed so that they can escort the guests to the door. 当包间客人用餐结束时,通知经理或厨师 长送客人到门口。 * Say “Thank you for coming, hope to see youagain soon” 说“感谢您的光临,希望很快能再见” 。 1. Why do you pull back the chairs? 为什么要拉开椅子? 2. Why do you thank the guests? 为什么要感谢客人? (DRILL LANGUAGE) 语句练习
    Other 其它 * Check for feedback and comments at the appropriate time. 在恰当时候询问客人意见。 *Any staff who encounters guests when they are leaving must thank them for their patronage, say that he/she hopes to serve them again soon and bid them farewell. 在客人离开餐厅时,任何员工在途中遇上客 人离开,一定要亲切地向客人表示他(们)的 光临及期望在不久的将来会再为他(们)服 务。 *Food portioning must be done by trained/skilled staff to avoid damaging the food, regardless if the food is very expensive or not. 所有分菜工作,一定要由熟手员工处理,以 免弄坏,因大部份这些菜式都非常贵重。 Note: Cross out the dish served from the captain’s order, putting in the time next to it. Pay special attention when serving and removing soiled dishes from the guest’s table. Ensure the sauces do not drip and do not drop of any equipment. 当菜到时,服务员应把该菜由服务员 副页中划去,并在该菜旁写上菜到的 时间。 当上菜及收碟时,应加倍留意,以免 把汁滴到客人身上。

    Now ask the trainee to practice the task from start to end to test his/her competence.

    现在要求实习生练习从开始到结束的过程,测试技能.

    Summary questions:

    问题简要

    1. Why should you check the tables?

    为什么要检查餐台?

    2. Why should all the condiments be ready?

    为什么所有的调味品么就绪?

    3. Why should the staff be ready at the assigned table?

    为什么服务人员要在预定的餐桌前就绪?

    4. Why should you greet the guests?

    为什么要问候客人?

    5. Why should you pull out the chairs?

    为什么要拉开椅子?

    6. Why should you unfold the napkins?

    为什么要为客人铺开餐巾?

    7. Why do we use food runners?

    为什么要用传菜员?

    8. Why does the service staff mention the name of the dish to the guests?

    为什么要报菜名?

    9. Why do you remove empty food plates from the table whilst serving new dishes?

    为什么要同时清理空盘?

    10. Why should you transfer food to smaller plates?

    为什么要更换小盘?

    11. Why should the bone plates be replaced continuously?

    为什么要连续更换骨碟?

    12. Why should you serve towels a second time?

    为什么要服务第二道毛巾?

    13. Why do you pull back the chair for the guest?

    为什么要拉开椅子?

    14. Why do you thank the guests?

    为什么要感谢客人?