- Purpose 目 的
That the menu is handed to the host immediately after being seated and the menu specials and unavailable items are explained at the appropriate timing. 所有客人入座后,要马上将菜单递递交到主人家/客人手中,并於適當時間解释菜单特式和沽清品种
Why is this task important for you and our guests?
为什么这项任务对你和客人都十分重要?
Answers:
回答:
1.To maximize guest’s satisfaction
最大化的提高客人满意度。
2.To ensure guests are quickly attended to
确保客人最快的得到关注
3.To ensure guests are aware of the special items, which enhance their choices and potentially generate additional revenues
确保客人了解特色出品并提高选择性,以增加潜在收入
4.To avoid guest disappointment by ordering an unavailable dish
减少因客人所点出品沽清而引发的失望
- Procedure 程 序
WHAT/ STEPS 什么/步骤 | HOW/ STANDARDS 怎样/标准 | TRAINING QUESTIONS 培训问题 |
---|---|---|
1.Check the state of the menu 检查Ipad菜单状况 | Hostesses should always check all the menu pages and covers to ensure they are working 领位员应时刻检查所有Ipad菜单能正常使用, Hostesses are responsible to keep all Ipad menus in excellent conditions 领位员负责保管好所有Ipad菜单 | Why should the Ipad menu always be working? 为什么要时刻保持ipad菜单正常使用 |
2.Self introduction 自我介绍 | Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Mr/Mrs (Sir/ Madam), my name is XXXX, here is the menu please”. Either the hostess introduces the server of that area to the guest or the server introduces him/herself to the guest. 早上/中午/晚上好,先生/女士/小姐,我的 名字是***这是菜单 Note: The Captain is the person responsible for taking the order, not the server. | Why should you introduce yourself? 为什么我们要做自我介绍? |
3.Presenting the menu 出示菜单 | Standing at the right side of the guest, bend the upper body slightly; present the opened Ipad menu (first page) in front of the guest and say “Please take a look at the menu, please” (using your right hand). 站在主人家/客人的右手边,微微倾斜身体, 将打开的Ipad菜单(第一页)展示在客人面前: 请看菜单(用你的右手) Note: The Captain is to stand next to the host /organizer of the party to make recommendations and take the order. Following is an SOP for Western service. Normally Chinese service doesn’t do it in this manner, unless the guests are Caucasians. | 1. Why should you check the reservations? 为什么迎宾员需检查预定情 况? |
Explain which dishes are not available for that day 解释哪些菜在那天无法提供 | Apologize and explain to the guests which dishes are not available. 向客人道歉并解释哪些菜无法提供的原因。 *Say “I am terrible sorry but the XXX is not available today, may I recommend the YYY instead?” 说“十分抱歉今日无法提供***但我可以推荐 ***来代替” *(You can start here to explain today’s specials, without asking if they would mind – see next step) (你可以从这里开始推荐今天的特色,如果 他们介意可以不问,看下一步 | 1. Why should you explain the unavailable items first before explaining the specials? 为什么我们在推荐特色之前必须解释 沽清项目? |
Introduce today’s specials 介绍今日特色 | (if applicable). Leave the desserts till after the meal. 跟进菜单:从头盘开始,汤,鱼和肉及主食。(如果特式菜也符合)。餐后再上甜品 | Why should you first ask for permission before explaining the specials? 为什么在介绍今天的特式之前要征得客人的允许? Why should you keep eye contact with all guests? 为什么目光要与所有的客人保持接触? 3.Why should you follow the meal order? 为什么要跟进菜单? |
6.Other 其它 | *The person who takes the order or makes recommendations should come back to the guest to check for comments and ensure that the recommendations made are favorable to the guest. 点单人对于推荐的项目,需向客人查询意见,确保你的推荐对于客人是最好的选择。 The guest should be advised on portion size if the food ordered is too much or insufficient, especially dishes served by “per piece”. The guest should also be informed if the dish ordered requires a longer preparation time. Remember to check with the guest if he/she is in hurry or special arrangements are required (no pork/no lard, etc). The Chef should be informed personally to ensure that the requirements are followed through. 如客人所点的菜式太多或份量不够,或该菜 需较长时间处理,必须知会客人。 当听单时,需向客人查询是否会太赶时间, 又或如果客人指定不吃大荤,听单者必须直 接跟厨房沟通及跟进。 *If there are certain food items or ingredients that guest is not keen on, he/she should be advised if the dish ordered contains of those ingredients. 如客人指明不要某些菜式或用料,当听单时 遇到所点菜式是有所相关者,一定要告知客 人。 *Check with the guest and his/her guests which of the special dishes they like or dislike, and if there are any dishes they particularly dislike. 需查询客人喜欢或不喜欢的特别菜品,及他 和他的客人不热忠的特定菜品。 | Note: A copy of the order should be clipped on the clipboard and placed it on the service station or the side table next to the guest’s table. When the food arrives to the table, the server should announce the name (and the legend of the dish if appropriate). He should check with the guest whether the food is to be deboned/portioned for theguests and say “Please enjoy your nice meal”. Try to make room before putting a new dish onto the table, (do not stack it on the other dishes) If the table top does not have space to put the dish, ask the guest if the remaining food can be transferred to smaller plates. Ensure that guests at the table are aware of the movement and the service. Always keep away from children when serving. On the order chit cross out the dish served and put down the time next it. If the guest is left-handed, the server should move his/her settings to an appropriate position for the guest’s convenience. Pay attention to the tea saucers, bone plates, show plates and ashtrays, changing them when required. |
Greeter to fill in the guest record card 迎宾员需填写客人记录卡 | Update guest’s history record. 更进客户档案记录。 | 1. Why should you fill in the guest record card? 为什么需填写客人记录卡? |
Now ask the trainee to practice the task from start to end to test his/her competence.
现在要求实习生练习从开始到结束的过程,测试技能.
Summary questions:
问题简要
1. Why should the menus always be neat & clean?
为什么要时刻保持菜单干净,整齐
2. Why should you introduce yourself?
为什么我们要做自我介绍
3. Why should you open the menu for the guest?
为什么我们需要给客人打开菜单?
4. Why should you explain the unavailable items first before explaining the specials?
为什么我们在推荐特式之前必须解释沽清项目?
5. Why should you ask for permission first before explaining the specials?
为什么在介绍今天的特式之前要征得客人的允许?
6. Why should you keep eye contact with all guests?
为什么目光要与所有的客人保持接触?
7. Why should you follow the meal order?
为什么要跟进菜单?